Animal Crosswords Lite - English Crosswords for kids - Educational App
- Language Arts, Puzzles, Speech, Teaching Tools
- PreSchool, Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade
- Goals/Skill Covered:
- Actions/Verbs, Beginning Sounds, Teaching time, Comprehension, Expressive Language, First Words, Nouns/Labels, Letters, Matching, Phonics, Pronouns, Reading Comprehension, Receptive Language, Sequencing Skills, Sight Words, Sorting/Categorization, Spelling, Teaching Time, Vocabulary
- Reviewed By:
- Listed in:
- Featured in:
- Lesson Plans:
- Related App:
- Do you have this app? Help others by writing a Quick Review
- Share this Page:
Description from Developer
★ New: Animal Crosswords has been awarded "Editors Choice award" by Childrens Technology Review!
★ New: Animal Crosswords is Famigo Approved!
Animal Crosswords is a new, fun, and educational app for children just beginning to learn to read and spell. Your child can both play and learn at the same time!
This is the lite version of the app Animal Crosswords.
Animal Crosswords Lite contains 8 proffesionally designed crosswords (multiple word intersections). Each crossword contains a new animal as the main theme and the app contains over 50 common words children learn to spell in the beginning, but there are also some tricky words of course.
Each crossword consists of beautiful and clear images that your child will use as a clue for the missing words. All the crosswords can be solved over and over and the crosswords in each category slowly increase in difficulty to challenge your child’s spelling.
Animal Crosswords Lite consists the following animal category:
- Farm animals
In the paid version you also get these categories:
- Sea animals
- Zoo animals
- Forest animals
- Jungle animals
- Small animals
In each crossword puzzle your child can easily:
- Switch between uppercase and lowercase letters
- Display the entire alphabet or only those letters that appear in the crossword
- Reset the crossword and start over
- Go to a new crossword group
You also set the following from the parental control page (accessed from "i"-button on the main view and then clicking on the the green button):
- Show/hide letters: Show the correct letter in the crossword. A good tool for small children who can not spell but like to play with the letters.
- Reset the whole game: resets all levels and progress.
The game includes few explanatory texts. It is easy and intuitive for children to understand how to play the game. The layout is soft and harmonious, as is appropriate for smaller children.
If your child gets stuck in one crossword puzzle, you can switch to another without having to start over. Everything is saved until you solve the whole crossword.
For your child’s sake, the game is ad-free and also free from so-called "in app purchase". There is a link on the settings page to facilitate finding the paid version of the app in the AppStore. There are no links in the paid version of this app.
Animal Crossword is developed by OkiDokiApps and of course tested on children!